[Sugar-devel] ASLO update

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 06:28:08 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've been working on a rewrite of aslo. Here is the status and some
questions.

Right now it is so close to being a seamless experience for developers. A
network of bots get summary, screenshots, titles, icons, compatibility and
compiles xo files for you on push to github. I would like to host the bot
master so people can start hooking up their github gits so we have a big db.

One thing that the bots don't get from the gits is the 'what's new'
section. I'm not really sure how people want that to work. Github releases
don't have i18n so I'm not sure about using those.

Comments and suggestions are working well. Replying to comments has not yet
been implement but that is at the top of my list.

The web ui is still without CSS, but the functionality all there. Though I
have i18ned the activity info I haven't done it of ui strings (eg. Search).
I have no idea how to do that :)

Also Ignacio is going to try and change the update manager to JSON, thanks
:)

If anyone has any ideas, it is on GitHub:
https://github.com/SAMdroid-apps/aslo

Sam