[Sugar-devel] Sugar Digest 2014-04-22

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:18:49 EDT 2014

==Sugar Digest==

1. The Sugar Labs Google Summer of Code 2014 projects/students/mentors are:
* Music Suite, Aneesh Dogra, Gonzalo Odiard
* Turtle Art 3D, Anubhav Jaiswal, Tony Forster
* Activity Unit/UI Tests, Gaurav Parida, Daniel Narvaez
* Port to Python 3, Kunal Arora, Sameer Verma
* Bulletin Board, Nazrul Haque Athar, Walter Bender
* Hack a Stuffed Animal, Jade Garrett, Stephen Thomas
* Social Help for Sugar, Prasoon Shukla, Paul Cotton
* Cordova Container for Sugar, Puneet Kaur, Lionel Laské
* Sugar Listens, Rodrigo Parra, Martin Abente

The program begins on the 19th of May. In the meantime, the students
will be getting to know their way around the community. We'll have
regular meetings with the students every Friday in IRC at a time that
will be announced shortly. Feel free to join these meetings. More
details on the projects can be found in the wiki [1].

2. It is spring (in the northern hemisphere). Time to do some spring
cleaning. We'll be holding a day-long triage meeting tomorrow
(Wednesday, 23 April) to try to clean up bugs.sugarlabs.org. Please
join us.

=== In the community ===

3. The Sugar Background Image Contest has begun. See [2] for details.

=== Tech Talk ===

Please help us with testing of Sugar 102. See [3] for details.

=== Sugar Labs ===

9. Please visit our planet [4].

----

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code2014