[Sugar-devel] Launching a native python activity window

TONY ANDERSON tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Apr 20 04:41:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have been using localhost and then have a cgi script in python use
sugar-launch to launch the activity.

The python script goes something like:

from subprocess import call

call('sugar-launch Memorize',shell=True)y

Tony

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 12:39:53 +1000
From: Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>
To: Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
Cc: Puneet Kaur <puneet.gkaur at gmail.com>,	Sugar Devel
	<sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] launching a native python activity window
	from	web activity

Ah, the develop activity. It actually has a nice simple hack

        from jarabe.model import bundleregistry
        from sugar3.activity import activityfactory

        registry = bundleregistry.get_registry()
        bundle = registry.get_bundle(self.bundle.get_bundle_id())
        activityfactory.create(bundle)

But that is launching an activity from a python activity. Maybe you need to
make some sort of shim for the web activity.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org

(here<https://github.com/puneetgkaur/pygame_camera>)
>> {some basic gui toolbars yet to be included, just a gtk window with a
>> webcam output as of now }
>>
>> I have put the activity code in
>> /home/puneet/sugar-build/build/out/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages, so
>> that it can accessible by other python classes
>>
>> Have imported this class in apisocket.py, where I try to launch activity
>> by calling :
>>
>> python_activity_class_name(self._activity)
>>

>> The code can reach the python class from javascript but is not able to
>> launch the window.
>>
>> It gives the error :
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/gwebsockets/server.py", line 127, in
>> _message_write_cb
>> gi._glib.GError: Error sending data: Broken pipe
>> 1397922466.607808 ERROR root: No activities are running
>> 1397922466.609076 WARNING root: icon_size is deprecated. Use pixel_size
>> instead.
>> Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus
>> window may not be correct.
>> Window manager warning: Got a request to focus 0x6000ee (main.py) with a
>> timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!
>> Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus
>> window may not be correct.
>> Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with a
>> timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!
>>
>> So the strategy behind the methodology is to pass on the control from the
>> webactivity to the python activity and then back from python activity to
>> webactivity when the user clicks to capture
>>
>> But the issue is that probably we are not allowed to to launch another
>> activity while in webactivity, is that true ?
>>
>> does someone has a few ideas as to how it can be done ?

End of Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 68