[Sugar-devel] A Better ASLO

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 07:28:15 EDT 2014

Daniel Narvaez wrote on a thread about modules on githiub:

> Ideally I think this information should be on activities.sugarlabs.org.
Though given we seems stuck with an old/unmaintained codebase there, I'm
favorable to this approach. And I suppose it could evolve into the new
activities.sugarlabs.org at some point!

> I would suggest a few changes
>
> * Factor out the module list to a registry.json file that you xhr.
> * Cut down on the headers, a small thing at the top like we have on the
other sites. The main thing should be the repository list.
> * Rename the module to sugar-registry.
>
> Then people can send pull requests to add to registry.json.

Hi,

I like the idea of modernizing ASLO. I was chucking around some
implementation ideas here:
https://gist.github.com/SAMdroid-apps/ad2edbbdb06b70470225 .

If we did it with json, python is cool with json. This could let us
integrate sugar and ASLO really well + easily with sugar (maybe an ASLO
activity?).

One thing I would love is github integration. Github provides a url you can
go to for each repo to get a zip made. This is cool, considering .xo is
just a .zip.

We could also use disqus or some other easy thing for comments.

Sam