[Sugar-devel] triage meeting

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 10 16:18:27 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 01:27:09PM +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> What I'm saying is that the "would be nice" to fix will never be
> fixed, they will keep accumulating and we will waste triage time on
> them over and over.  Better to just wontfix them, people can always
> send patches if they care. Plus we tell them clearly it's up to them
> to do something if they need them fixed.

I agree, if there's nobody going to work on a ticket, then close it
wontfix.  The bug tracking system is useful as a list of non-features.

Also, it is common in triage to not process already triaged "would be
nice" tickets, so you shouldn't be wasting triage time on them over
and over.  If you are, fix your triage process.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/