[Sugar-devel] triage meeting

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 18:29:44 EDT 2014

On Wednesday, 9 April 2014, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dwnarvaez at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> This is an interesting blog post with a paragraph about GNOME triaging
>>
>> http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/enabling-participation/
>>
>> Interestingly it's pretty much exactly the same approach I followed with
>> the triaging I had done with 0.100. It would be good to have a simple set
>> of rule like that written down before the meeting. I think the way we
>> triage has a huge impact on lowering contribution barriers,
>>

> +1
>
> We need at least verify  all the "Unconfirmed" tickets. We can start now,
> don't need wait until the triage meeting.
> I assume, if the bug is confirmed, we should set:
> Milestone = 0.102
> Status = New

I wonder about Milestone. It seems like it would only be useful if we
assign different milestones to tickets and I'm not sure we can do that
without being able to allocate resources to fix them. It's also a time
consuming task.

> or close them if are not longer present.
>
> Would be good if we can reset all the priorities to "Unassigned",
> in all the  tickets with module=Sugar,the field content does not have any
> sense right now.

Do we want to use the field? Otherwise maybe there is a way to just get rid
of it.

--
Daniel Narvaez