[Sugar-devel] About using networkmanager with introspection

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Apr 4 16:45:31 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 05:38:08PM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> manuq taught me a useful github trick:
>
> when you have a link like https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/328
> you can add .patch or .diff to the url
> and get a clean patch
> can be useful for you I imagine.

Agreed.

Now, the choice is to implement this either in my mail client or your
mail client.  ;-)

> I agree. Is a good opportunity to add testing to our networking
> code.

I guess.  Afterwards, to avoid conflating, because you will have paged
it in to your head.

Just out of interest, look out for how frequently signal strength is
updated.  I was surprised at how often an RSSI query arrived at the
wireless card while Sugar was active.

(The wireless card supplies RSSI on every received packet, but
apparently the kernel drops this, preferring instead to rely on the
RSSI of the access point beacon or the latest RSSI in ad-hoc mode.
The latter can vary considerably as the beacon duty is shared across
the nodes.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/