[Sugar-devel] Comments in code [ Gonzalo Odiard ]

Kamal Kaur kamal.kaur188 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:41:46 EDT 2014

Hello

I have found that the functions that show content and objects in the
develop activity are in
sugar-build/activities/develop-activity/develop_app.py and
sugar-build/activities/develop-activity/sourceview_editor.py files

In def save_source_jobject function in develop_app.py, there is a comment:

# dict.update method is missing =(

What is this comment referring to? And what is the dictionary update
method supposed to do? Can someone please help? I need to update the
icon on altering the .svg file and feeling lack of proper comments
there in the code.

Or please point me to some documentation where there each function
will be defined. How can I get what is done where? Even there are
functions that don't have a single comment. The coding standard tell
to add description in quotes that make the documentation using some
software. About each and every function comments should be there.
Please help, I'm stuck.

--
Kamaljeet Kaur
kamalkaur188.wordpress.com

"I am not what I am compared to others, I am what I am compared to my
yesterday."