[Sugar-devel] Sugar on a $100 tablet!

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 18:03:51 EDT 2013

Ruben,

I was able to install the double boot, and ubuntu touch. But when I ran the
script http://ubuntu.activitycentral.com/install_sugar_on_nexus_7.sh , a
side effect, (verified a second install), was that the ubuntu dash app lens
became inoperative, and I was never able to figure out how to re-initialize
it properly, so that I could find and run the "terminal" app.

I was able to get a root shell via adb, (after scratching my head for a
while because ubuntu returns a different USB device, and needs a new udev
rule to properly select a driver).

I really need terminal on the nexus, in order explore, and  to start the
sugar desktop.

Do you have ideas about re-initializing the dash app local lens? (or maybe
I don't know what's needed -- I need to correct the symptom that the app
search mechanism does not display "terminal" as a choice).

Thanks,

George

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Ruben Rodríguez <ruben at activitycentral.com