[Sugar-devel] Preview

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 17:41:12 EDT 2013

Very tricky...

The gtk3 API allows activities to override the preview and it seems like we
should keep that feature here. I feel like to do that sanely the js code
needs to be able to see the screenshot.

A clean implementation of a javascript screenshot API (both chrome and
firefox has one for extensions fwiw) would require to write a webkit
"extension". Those must be written in C unfortunately, epiphany has one I
think so we could at least take inspiration. An extension might be useful
to do other stuff in the future, for example the environment stuff could be
implemented more cleanly that way.

Another approach I can think of is: javascript requests the screenshot on
the apisocket, the shell gets it from the activity trough dbus. Though it
requires two ipc steps and it doesn't even make much sense conceptually.

I'm not sure what we should here exactly, just dumping my brain.

--
Daniel Narvaez