[Sugar-devel] Bundlebuilder dev command

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Wed Sep 18 07:23:24 EDT 2013

Sorry for the late answer,

2013/9/15 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> as discussed in another thread, the sugar-toolkit bundlebuilder dev command
> is not respecting the SUGAR_ACTIVITIES_PATH (a fix for that landed in
> sugar-toolkit-gtk3 recently).

Thanks for the fix.

> I wonder if we should just drop the dev command, and suggest to develop
> directly in sugar-build/activities (or ~/Activities when outside
> sugar-build). All that the command does is to create a symlink anyway, if
> someone really wants they can do that themselves easily... As it is, the dev
> command feels like unnecessary magic to me.

I'm so so with the idea of deprecating the dev command, Daniel.

>From one side you are right, all it does is create a symlink.  On the
other hand, is a symlink added in the exact place, in order for Sugar
to install your activity.  As a user, I never had to worry about it,
it just works.  As a comparison, the 'volo create' command we have in
sugar-web does simple operations as well (as we use it) but is very
nice to have that automated.

--
.. manuq ..