[Sugar-devel] ht_HT locale improved

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 14:05:21 EDT 2013

I think that OLPC builds have been including Haitian Kreyol by default.

I just wanted to mention that I strongly recommend that in any new
build that you replace the existing ht_HT glibc locale with a fresh
download from

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=localedata/locales/ht_HT;h=8b3d11827bb3094ea4783484d31e8b4400ccdaef;hb=HEAD

The new ht_HT locale is much improved and will represent Date and Day
names better.  This revision won't be in general circulation until we
are using glibc 2.19; but there should be no problem with just
dropping it in place of your existing ht_HT locale on any version of
glibc you are using.

Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator