[Sugar-devel] Are we ready for code freeze?

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 14:38:47 EDT 2013

To be clear, are you saying we should code freeze tomorrow? I couldn't find
a definition of the freeze in the wiki but the GNOME one seems accurate.

Hard Code Freeze

This is a late freeze to avoids sudden last-minute accidents which could
risk the stability that should have been reached at this point. No source
code changes are allowed without two approvals from the release team, but
translation and documentation should continue. Simple build fixes are, of
course, allowed without asking.

On 2 September 2013 20:29, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Release 0.99.3 as is is good, because we will have rpms and that
> should facilitate testing.
> I prefer we try hard to follow the schedule, remember usually is aligned
> with Fedora and other projects.
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > 0.99.3 is due tomorrow and with it the code freeze. We need to decide
> what
> > to do.
> >
> > I propose we don't freeze and instead we keep releasing 0.99.x every four
> > weeks, until we feel we have done enough testing and bug fixing. This is
> not
> > what you are supposed to do with time based releases but I'd rather delay
> > than release something we can't be proud of.
> >
> > Thoughts?

Daniel Narvaez