[Sugar-devel] Private vs Public conversations.

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Oct 31 23:30:12 EDT 2013

Indeed, deployments (both administrators and users) have much to
contribute to Sugar and the XO's community.

The challenge here was how to get and manage such tremendous amount of
 feedback?

Back in November of 2011, we (the Peruvian Local Lab) made an open
call to the community addressing this and other issues.

We ended up designing and implementing the Sugar Network / Red Azúcar [1].

"El principal objetivo de la Red es proveer un ambiente que permita a
los participantes crear, compartir y mejorar recursos educativos
digitales libres y abiertos. Inicialmente, los recursos podrán ser
Artículos, Archivos, Actividades de Sugar o Artefactos creados desde
las actividades de Sugar."

Today, thanks to the efforts of the Sugar Labs Platform Team and the
generous contributions of some community members, we have Beta OS
images for XO1 and XO1.5 that include access to the Sugar Network.

Of course there is still much to do in order to take this
support-social-content-exchange platform up to its potential, so
please do not hesitate to give us a hand in any way you can.

Best regards,

[1] http://pe.sugarlabs.org/go/Red_Az%C3%BAcar