[Sugar-devel] Private vs Public conversations.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Oct 31 18:07:55 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:10:40AM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> [...] We are seeing continued adoption of the XO in Rwanda (I hear
> Rwanda is 1.75, but not 4) and Australia. [...]

I can confirm that Rwanda is using XO-1.75, not XO-4.  You can find
this information, albeit without quantities, in the Manufacturing Data
table on the Wiki, for SKU234 and SKU235.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manufacturing_data

At the moment, both XO-1.75 and XO-4 can be mass produced.

(XO-1.75 has a cost advantage per child over XO-4, but without
touchscreen, and a slightly slower processor.  More children can be
deployed to for the same overall project budget.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/