[Sugar-devel] service_name and bundle_id... again

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Oct 30 19:54:10 EDT 2013

Yes, it could, but tracking down every copy of every activity is
impractical for some deployments.  Activities are shared around, on
school servers, by e-mail, by USB drive.  Adding a needless
incompatibility breaks all this.  May as well not have chosen .xo
format in the first place if we're going to break it so badly.

And all for what?  What possible justification have we to insist on
this breakage?  (A rhetorical question.)

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:31:03PM -0400, Tony Anderson wrote:
> HI,
>
> I suspect a 10 line python script could update activity-info.
>
> It may be time to have two versions of each activity in ASLO. One
> compatible
> with 0.82 and the other with 0.100.
>
> Keeping in mind that 0.82 < 0.100.
>
> Tony
>

> On 10/30/2013 05:04 PM, sugar-devel-request at lists.sugarlabs.org wrote:
> >Message: 3
> >Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:03:58 +1100
> >From: James Cameron<quozl at laptop.org>
> >To:sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> >Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] service_name and bundle_id... again

> >Yes, include it.
> >
> >It has no effect unless it is necessary.  (Small functional footprint).
> >
> >It fixes an unnecessary incompatibility.
> >
> >I have seen no significant evidence for excluding the change.
> >
> >If upstream is unwilling, then downstream may include it in packaging.
> >
> >-- James Cameron http://quozl.linux.org.au/

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/