[Sugar-devel] How to setup a environment to develop activities

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Tue Oct 29 08:10:24 EDT 2013

Hi,
Sweets currently supports Sugar 0.94 which is what is most common in the
field.
It only supports GTK2 activities. Many activities in git have already
switched to GTK3.
You can revert to the latest compatible version of Browse with (on
browse repo):
git checkout sugar-0.94
For checking out other activities from git, you might need to find the
commit where
the GTK3 migration was done and checkout the commit prior to that.
If it's only for trying them out, ASLO labels versions correctly, to the
best of my
knowledge.

If you want to support current users in the field, sweets should be
sufficient.
You can also try sugar-build for a GTK3 sugar, that would be the "next
generation".

Good luck!
Sebastian