[Sugar-devel] Private vs Public conversations.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Oct 28 19:32:33 EDT 2013

David wrote:
> The degree of openness and transparency is our fundamental
> disagreement. Best case is that the status quo works, Sugar Labs
> thrives, and I am proven wrong. Worst case is that Sugar adopts to
> the changing environment.

I haven't been able to parse this in a way that gives me confidence
that I comprehend it.

Assessing the degree of openness and transparency is very difficult,
because it depends on the monitoring of communication, and there are
communications that are private.

The social network also contains nodes that are hidden.  Some of the
communication links are hidden.  Some links are by broadcast.

I think this will always be so.  It is how humans organise their
networks; ad-hoc and badly.  It is why governance systems are
implemented.

I speculate that the assessments of the "degree of openness and
transparency" occupy a broad band, and that David has an assessment
some distance from the median.

Walter wrote:
> Several of us have asked for an explanation.

I agree.  I'd like to know more about the assessment and the basis for
it.  At the moment I don't perceive any problems with the governance
of Sugar Labs.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/