[Sugar-devel] XO4 touch stopped working (SOLVED)

Juan Cubillo jcubillo at fundacionqt.org
Fri Oct 25 17:19:52 EDT 2013

Tried the test /touchscreen and this message appeared:

missing IR PCB
failed to boot

Tried the command again and a whole lot of code appeared (can't find my
serial dongle so I can't copy it here)

Tried the test for a third time and the message now was:

missing IR PCB
No touchscreen present

I opened the screen and found that the conector for the ZIF cable was
damaged and required some pressure to make proper contact. I just
inserted some folded tape to keep it pressured and it's now working.

No damage or mishandling was given to the laptop on my part so if there
are any other reports of touch not working OLPC should stay aware in
case the conector might be damaged from factory.

Anyway... it's now working just fine :)

Thanks for the info!

*Juan Adrián Cubillo*
Director de Tecnología | Fundación Quirós Tanzi
Web: http://fundacionqt.org FB:Fundación
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fundaci%C3%B3n-Quir%C3%B3s-Tanzi/161778110499955>

Tel: (506) 2293-2460 ext211 | Cel: (506) 8832-1824