[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Re: [opensuse-edu] Final spurt: openSUSE Education for 13.1

Thomas Gilliard satellitgo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 17:27:31 EDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [opensuse-edu] Final spurt: openSUSE Education for 13.1
Date: 	Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:32:16 +0200
From: 	Lars Vogdt <lrupp at suse.de>
To: 	satellit <satellitgo at gmail.com>, Jigish Gohil
<cyberorg at opensuse.org>, dram.wang at gmail.com, dvanassche at gmail.com,
alsroot at member.fsf.org

Hi @ll

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:10:25 -0700 satellit <satellitgo at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> I hope a new sugar-desktop will become available.  I see that
> >> latest in
> >>
> >> build system was for : sugar 0.96.3:
> >>    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/OpenSUSE#Sugar_12.1

ok: I hopefully brought most of the packages to the current/stable
version (not 0.99x, but, hey: 0.98).

But now I need to ask the maintainers about the final setup, the
publishing (some packages have explicitely set "no publishing") and
some special packages.

For the first "problem", I guess someone just needs to go throught the
packages and check their (publish/build) settings, so that we get a
final release once everything built as expected.

...but I'm unsure about SDL (upgrade) and the olpcsound package
(upgrate from 5.10 to 6.01). Any preferences? Any ideas?

With kind regards,
Lars