[Sugar-devel] Testing sugar-build

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Sat Oct 19 09:04:47 EDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-10-19 at 11:15 +0200, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> On 19 October 2013 05:35, Iain Brown Douglas
> <iain at browndouglas.plus.com> wrote:
>         > Which git version and which distribution are you using?
>         >

>         Sorry that was not in OP
>         Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS \n \l
>
>         git version 1.7.9.5
>
>         The pull trace still shows the error you noticed.
>

> Should be fixed now. Thanks.

Pull looked so busy, I thought we were winning, there are improvements.

General Sugar experience has improved. Actually it is the fastest Sugar
I have seen. 7 Activities running and Browse and XO Help are very
snappy. (2 MB RAM)

Activity problems have not changed this time, but having eliminated the
Activities not advertised to run in Sugar 1.0, for complete fails we
have only, I think:

==Fail to start==

Write
Record
Same errors as reported before.

==F1 View==

No Activity icons go to F1 for sharing.
Any chance this is just a jabber login failure?
How would I check?

==Sound test==

Can get no progress with sound.

Browse sound test - attempting to play sounds off
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Media_of_the_day
collapsed Browse 3 times.
- include the last line of log
(sugar-activity:4809): Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid icon size 16
I would guess the cause of crash is lost.

Jukebox 32 opens fine, collapses when given a music file.
Last lines of log:
File
"/home/broot/sugar-build/build/out/install/share/sugar/activities/Jukebox.activity/playlist.py", line 119, in _set_number
    cell.set_property('text', idx + 1)
TypeError: expected string or Unicode object, int found
Terminated by signal 11, pid 5475 data (None, <open file '<fdopen>',
mode 'w' at 0x4bcd810>, '2d050979f2b713567510d4ec7d4a779bc38ccfe2')

==Other==

I should test further but Sugar Commander cannot access anything
in /media (eg other partitions, USB sticks)
Plugging in a USB, is not recognised on Frame or Journal

I have been given a XO man name-change to Dummy.
I have seen this before, where does that come from?

================
Pull, check, run
================

inky at xubuntu:~$ cd sugar-build/
inky at xubuntu:~/sugar-build$ ./osbuild pull

= Setup the host build system =

* Create the python virtualenv
* Install python packages
* Pull latest sugar-build
* Setup the build root

$ sudo broot setup
[sudo] password for inky:

= Pulling =

* Pulling automake
* Pulling at-spi2-core
* Pulling at-spi2-atk
* Pulling libxklavier
* Pulling gwebsockets
* Pulling grunt-cli
* Pulling volo
* Pulling karma
* Pulling jshint
* Pulling js-beautify
* Pulling recess
* Pulling docker
* Pulling pep8
* Pulling pyflakes
* Pulling flake8
* Pulling sugar-docs
* Pulling sugar-base
* Pulling sugar-toolkit
* Pulling sugar-toolkit-gtk3
* Pulling sugar
* Pulling sugar-artwork
* Pulling sugar-datastore
* Pulling sugar-runner
* Pulling webL10n
* Pulling sugar-web
* Pulling sugar-web-test
* Pulling sugar-web-template
* Pulling browse
* Pulling chat
* Pulling read
* Pulling log
* Pulling terminal
* Pulling pippy
* Pulling imageviewer
* Pulling jukebox
* Pulling turtleart
* Pulling clock-web
* Pulling gtd-activity
inky at xubuntu:~/sugar-build$ ./osbuild check

$ sudo broot run osbuild check

= Setup the broot build system =

* Create the python virtualenv
* Install python packages

= Building =

* Building sugar-docs
* Building turtleart

= Check =

* Running smoke test
* Checking gwebsockets
* Checking sugar-toolkit-gtk3
* Checking sugar
* Checking sugar-runner
* Checking sugar-web
* Checking sugar-web-template
inky at xubuntu:~/sugar-build$ ./osbuild run

$ sudo broot run osbuild run

= Building =

* Building gwebsockets
* Building sugar-toolkit-gtk3