[Sugar-devel] Next release

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 09:18:34 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should certainly *not* branch until January/Australia release. If
> anyone disagrees now it's the time to speak up.

I think not forking should be fine as long as people are happy to hold
off from landing any new big features for the 0.102 cycle. If there's
a need to get 0.102 underway we then need to branch off.

> Really, looking forward I think we should switch to continuous development
> and never branch again. But that certainly will require more discussion.

It depends if it's proper "continuous development" where it's all
small and incremental improvements with the platform being constantly
usable and features and it also depends on the end users of the
product. Unfortunately I think a lot of the end users and customer of
sugar are interested in a more traditional approach.

Peter