[Sugar-devel] Activity Central's Sugar related priorities.

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 18:39:24 EDT 2013

On 8 October 2013 00:22, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 12:00:47AM +0200, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> > Well "everyone seems to be developing their own version of Sugar"
> > seems to be more than that. But maybe I'm just reading too much into
> > it.
> >
> > There aren't multiple groups of people or individuals developing
> > sugar on their own. As far as I know all the work that is being done
> > these days is going upstream.
>
> Good.  I only know of four Sugars.  Sugar upstream, Dextrose, what is
> in OLPC OS, and what is in the Australian builds.  There might be
> more, but I'm not aware of them.  I also don't know the difference
> between each.

Australia builds have apparently a few non-yet-upstreamed patches. Both
Gonzalo and Walter are very much involved in upstream work, I'm absolutely
confident they will upstream as soon as it make sense.

OLPC OS is pretty much all upstream, as far as I know.

Dextrose. I know they accumulated non-upstream patches in the past. We
landed a couple of features coming from there before the freeze. I'm not
sure what is going on these days, which is why I wanted to know more from
David about the "porting" they are doing.