[Sugar-devel] web-activity: env.getEnvironment dependency with Python code

Rogelio Mita rogeliomita at activitycentral.com
Wed Nov 27 17:33:50 EST 2013

Ok, working on that we have these situations:

*Context:*

   - Hard dependecy between repos: sugar-toolkit-gtk3 --> sugar-web
   - Exists only one "functional test" (Test interaction/contracts between
   classes) that is not working, ref:
   https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/test/envSpec.js#L5
   - We need have 4 "unit test", one per each logic condition in lines
10<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/env.js#L10>,
    12 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/env.js#L12>,
17<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/env.js#L17>,
   21 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-web/blob/master/env.js#L21>

*Plan:*

   - *sugar-web:*
      - Doing missing unit tests to begin refactoring for no lead to
      breakage in existing code
      - Repair "functional test" that not running now, if is necessary
      - Make refactor
   - *sugar-toolkit-gtk3:*
      - same above
   - *sugar-web and sugar-toolkit-gtk3:*
      - Doing functional test to cover the communication between both
      - Make refactor

*Questions:*

   - *Where is the right flow to avoid inconcistence between repos?*
      - I mean, if we assume right behaviour on sugar-toolkit-gtk3 and will
      write code on sugar-web, the sugar-web functionallity only works if
      sugar-toolkit-gtk3 is also working right and fulfilling the contract
   - *Where is the right place to put the test of this contract above?*
      - One idea is make a karma configuration that only works on osbuild.
      - Other idea is doing manually =((((, and no place
      - Other... tying sugar-web to their tests are always executed in
      osbuild =(((((((

Regards!