[Sugar-devel] Adding compatibility in webactivity to webkit1

Rogelio Mita rogeliomita at activitycentral.com
Wed Nov 27 12:22:43 EST 2013

Nice!, I quickly looked at the patch and I urged try to encapsulate the all
logic of webkit2 and the webkit1 in separate modules, using a luck of
strategy pattern or do something polymorphic, but I notice that it is a
decision not yet taken (as Daniel says), I doubt whether to spend time on
this for that reason, you will say, however when this decision is finally
decided, I would like to make note of this style refactor to have clean
webactivity module, which is relatively new and keep small, you think?

Regards!

2013/11/27 Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I think it's good to have this upstream because otherwise changes to
>> sugar-web will easily break webkit1 support.
>>
>> I'm not completely convinced we should support webkit1 yet. I'm worried
>> it will be pretty painful to maintain. It should be possible to port
>> webkitgtk 2.2 to Fedora 18...
>>

> Maybe, but have many other dependencies to update.
>
> Another alternative is find what is crashing in webkit2 and solve it, but
> is out of my knowledge.
>
> Gonzalo

Roger

Activity Central <http://activitycentral.com/>