[Sugar-devel] How to add tasks to GCI list?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 10:54:30 EST 2013

I have been preoccupied with my day job lately and haven't spent as much
time looking into GCI as I should. Today I checked and find that I can see
the list of tasks but I don't see a way to add new ones.

One of the tasks I suggested made it to the list: Use Latest Toolbars in
MYOSA Examples. I see that Aneesh Dogra is the mentor on that, and I think
he'll do a great job.

What I'd like to do is split this into more than one task.  Updating the
examples in the GTK3 section of the repository is one, and copying the
samples into the book and updating the relevant text describing it would be
another.  Before you can copy the examples you need to shorten the lines to
80 characters or less using Python line-wrapping rules. The examples are
pasted in full, then parts of it are broken out and discussed in the
chapter. This will be a fair amount of work, so maybe each chapter is one
task, or maybe two chapters is a task.

I'd like to be the mentor for these chapter updates.

The Object Chooser has apparently been improved so that could be part of
the "Fun With The Journal" chapter updates.

The new SimpleActivity class from Augustin could use a chapter.

A lot has happened with HTML5 since Lionel contributed his guest chapter on
the topic and that could use a chapter too. At least one.

James Simmons