[Sugar-devel] XO-system 1a builds

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Nov 23 21:57:43 EST 2013

On 28/10/13 22:12, James Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 09:01:02PM +1300, Tom Parker wrote:
> zdextract in the bios-crypto package will unpack it, giving you a disk
> image, which you can then loopback mount as a filesystem and compare
> with another filesystem.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Quozl/Remastering is an example use of
> zdextract for adding files to a build without having to re-run the
> builder.  hasn't been tested since 2012, but it should help you
> understand zdextract.

Thank you!

I modified your remastering script to leave the filesystems mounted.
Then I used diff to compare them manually. My script is attached, along
with another script to unmount and release the loopbacks.

The difference between 32049oe4.zd and 32050oe4.zd appears to be a
changed flashplayer. 50 and 51 have a bunch of activity and translation
changes.