[Sugar-devel] Python modules (Re: Introducing SimpleActivity / Introduciendo SimpleActivity

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:18:47 EST 2013

Nice work, Augustin.

I'm going a bit off topic here but in the future I think it would be nice
if we had an easy way for activities to pull and update modules like these
and include them directly in the bundle, a la nodejs/volojs. It should be
easy to build something around distribute/pypi.

That makes experimentation much easier because it doesn't force
requirements on a new version of the OS, it allows to change the API
without breaking the world etc. The disk space waste is negligible and the
need of rebuilds to include fixes can be automated away.

Really I think the toolkit shipped with the OS should completely go away in
the long run. I know this will be controversial, but I thought it was worth
to share the tought at least :)

Daniel Narvaez