[Sugar-devel] [UKids] ProtoSnap with Arduino plugin

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 07:02:55 EST 2013

> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:10:36 +1100
> From: quozl at laptop.org
> To: holt at unleashkids.org
> CC: alanjas at hotmail.com; sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org; unleashkids at googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] [UKids] ProtoSnap with Arduino plugin
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 03:03:55AM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> > With Alan Aguiar's great breakthrough, we've confirmed TurtleBots
> > works with the ProtoSnap Pro Mini as-is, plug-n-play.  TurtleBots
> > can also co-exist with the regular version of Turtle Blocks, unlike
> > the previous hacked version of Turtle Art.
>
> Good to hear.
>
> It would be better if Turtle Blocks could include the Arduino plugin
> always.  Something for Walter to consider.  I'll CC sugar-devel@ to
> engage him.
We decided mantain TurtleBlocks very simple and the system of pluginsallows add any in a easy way. In the wiki there are all the plugins eachone in a .tar.gz. You download it, and go to "load plugin" in turtle and theplugin is installed automatically and it's ready to work! Is not necessaryrestart the TurtleBlocks.
Since version 19 of TurtleBots we include Arduino plugin and we continueincluding it in all future TurtleBots.The same with: Lego WeDo, Lego NxT, FollowMe, etc.