[Sugar-devel] SoaS v10 testing and a few minor issues with 0.100

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 17 17:13:12 EST 2013

On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 20:28 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 19:33 +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> Secondly, a minor annoyance with sugar-runner is that the "shutdown"
> >> and "reboot" options in the menu should likely be disabled when sugar
> >> is being run in sugar-runner (leaving just logout) because it takes
> >> the main desktop with it without any noticed that it might do that.
> >>

> > I believe the view-ability of those are settable in gconf, something for
> > the spin's kickstart file to alter.
>
> sugar-runner isn't used in the spin, it's used in the General
> distribution for those that want to run sugar within another desktop
> environment whether as an enduser or developer so a kickstart here is
> completely irrelevant and doesn't even come into play

Forgive me, I thought from the subject that Soas is a livecd based image
that can be installed build with livecd-creator, using what is more or
less the same backend that olpc-os-builder uses. The builds are driven
via kickstart files, with some commands structures shared between the
two images [1][2] in respect to gconftool-2. While show_logout and
show_restart keys were configurable before the latest patch[3] extends
that to shutdown now. While you say those are completely unrelated how
can that be when the new default in the schema is true, just wondering
how sugar-runner will deal with the new default going forward, really
didn't change the behaviour just made it optional. My concern is maybe
that default needs to be false for sugar-runner leaving others having to
account for the change, that is all. It doesn't really matter to me
either way as long as the key becomes set should we need to set it in
the future.

Jerry

1.https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/tree/fedora-livecd-soas.ks?h=f20
2.http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/modules/sugar/kspost.50.gconf.inc