[Sugar-devel] TamTamMini

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 13:12:33 EST 2013

On 17 November 2013 18:38, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>wrote:

> In Flavio's defense, I'd like to restructure this conversation.
>
> Undoubtedly, he's put great effort in this work.

I suspect it's a great contribution, which is exactly why I'm mad it's not
going upstream...

> In my humble opinion, the situation is out of balance. We cannot dismiss
> contributions
> merely because people have not learnt all the tools. This also goes for
> localization team,

I don't think we are dismissing contributions at all  here. The way I read
the conversation is

Gonzalo: As we already discussed, this is not a good way to submit
contributions. You should do this and that.
Flavio: Yes, I know this is not a good way, that's why I didn't post
patches. On the other hand, why I don't just take  maintenance of the
module over?

I suspect Gonzalo didn't take this too badly because he didn't write
TamTam. But in most free software project this behaviour would have been
seen as insulting to the maintainer.

Gonzalo offered to work with Flavio to get his work submitted properly. I
hope Flavio takes that offer, showing it was all just a misunderstanding.
Happy to help out with that btw if needed, I know Gonzalo is busy

I spent the last month trying to get "mantainers" to respond to requests to
> update
> GTK2 branches with translations, with barely any response except Manuq and
> Gonzalo,
> and only the first actually took action on my request.

I think the two issues are very different, in this case the maintainer was
super responsive. Are you willing to do the work if you are given access to
the repositories?