[Sugar-devel] TamTamMini

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 12:12:27 EST 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Flavio Danesse
<fdanesse at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> On the issue of separating the application from the rest of the suite, I did
> because it was the only way to understand it, correct the code and port it
> to gtk3. The code of the suite is filled with errors and unused files. Now,
> this application is much easier to maintain and extend. The same applies to
> the translation patch, most not used by TamTamMini.

The TamTam Suite was set up to use a common set of translations on
purpose.  Some time ago, they were all completely separate and it was
a big burden on localizers to repeat the translation work multiple
times.

Free and open discussion between developers and localization
stakeholders arrived at the current configuration.  As the maintainer
of Pootle, I am not excited about seeing this collaborative agreement
undone and I will need some convincing on the need for splitting the
suite before hosting a fork of your TamTamMini in Pootle.

We need more open discussion, and less forking to move together as a community.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator