[Sugar-devel] seeking help to enable nepali keyboard input for XO-4

Basanta Shrestha basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org
Sun Nov 10 00:23:18 EST 2013

Thank you so much Walter and sorry that I am very new to these thing. What
I have understood so far is :

.mfg-date will list the predefined set to stored data. And we need to set
KL to 'np' ( this the name of maping file for Nepali  under
/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/
) and we need to set some value ( np? ) to KV as well. And we need to
decide on a key combination to invoke the keyboard switching between the
default(English) and Nepali.

Since there is no physical : Language key, I think keyboard combination
like alt+space bar should be easy. Please suggest if there is other
consideration we need to think of.

But I am still wondering how we could alter/change the stored data to our
preference or if we can do it ourselves. Please suggest.

Regards,
Basanta