[Sugar-devel] Sugar tryout (was Re: sugarlabs.org redesign)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 14:11:16 EST 2013

Of course I agree with you that less barriers the better but I think we
need to pick our battles. With current state of the downloads page I'd
expect the conversion rate to near the 0%. It takes a *lot* of extra clicks
to achieve the same.

I propose that we

* Rewrite the downloads page offering *simple* instruction only
for Soas and Virtualbox.
* Keep the current page somewhere on the wiki, prominently linked, it's
fine for techies.
* Start measuring conversion rate. I suspect we don't have a way to count
the number of users that managed to reach the Sugar home. But measuring
completed downloads would be a start.
* Gradually get rid of as many barriers as possible and see how the rate is
affected.

>>> 2. https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/VirtualBox

--
Daniel Narvaez