[Sugar-devel] Sugar tryout (was Re: sugarlabs.org redesign)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:44:52 EST 2013

On Thursday, 7 November 2013, Sean DALY wrote:

> The larger problem is the absence of a marketing strategy, we need to know
> where we are going to communicate effectively. In particular, we need to
> choose and implement how to offer Sugar tryout to teachers and journalists.

I can think of a couple of approaches

* Get Sugar running well on the CuBox-i. Find budget to buy a few of those
to distribute to chosen journalist and teachers. Try to partner with
SolidRun to offer Sugar as an out-of-the-box installation option.

* Make it easy to run Sugar inside VirtualBox on Windows and OS X. Without
having investigated too deeply it seems that a two step process would be
both realistically implementable and easy enough for the user

1 Install virtualbox
2 Install a Sugar application (which would take care of setting up the
appliance).

Thoughts? Other ideas? If we can agree on one or two concrete,
realistic approaches, I think we can at least attempt to get them done for
3.102.

--
Daniel Narvaez