[Sugar-devel] new feature proposal for 102: sharing favorites

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 08:03:18 EST 2013

I'm not quit convinced about the implementation, this really feels like
something that should be stored in gconf/gsettings rather than using a dbus
method. Might be a good idea to use gsettings directly here because it's
basically a list of lists and the details of how you store those might
differ between the two systems, making migration complicated.

On 5 November 2013 19:51, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've written up a new feature description to enable updating favorires
> through a dbus service [1].
>
> Summary
>
> Since multiple homeviews landed in Sugar 100, it would be nice to
> enable user-space updates to the homeviews. This requires a new dbus
> service. The idea is that Sugar activities, e.g. ShareFavorites [2],
> could share favorites without requiring a reboot. So, for example, a
> teacher could share a desktop specific to a lesson plan.
>
> thank you for your consideration.
>
> -walter
>

> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/UpdateFavorites
> [2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/ShareFavorites