[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2013-11-01

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 11:56:03 EST 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:
> El 01/11/13 11:38, Walter Bender escribió:
>
>> 6. Working with Marion Zepf and Alan Aguiar (with some help from
>> Martin Abente), we are close to releasing a version of Turtle Blocks
>> that has Marion's export Python feature [9]. It would be great to work
>> with some one on testing this feature in a middle-school classroom.
>
> Does this mean one will be able to create Sugar Activities from Turtle Bocks
> itself?

Not exactly. But you can sketch the behavior of a Sugar Activity,
e.g., paint, fototoons, record, tamtam, et al. You still would need to
add the activity wrapper. It is more an experiment in moving from
block-bnsed programming to text-based programming.

> That would be great!

Long term, it would be great to be able to write all of Sugar in Turtle Blocks.

> Sebastian

regards.

-walter

--