[Sugar-devel] Write fails to launch

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 16:46:30 EDT 2013

It should be possible, might take some time to build though. I guess I
would take a patch.

I wonder if it make sense to update to F20 early. There are no XO build
based on F19 anyway... Though, well, I have no idea if we will have any
based on F20 either... And we might have to deal with instabilities if we
upgrade now...

Are all the OLPC abiword patches upstreamed now? Does the F20 rpm include
those?

On Friday, 1 November 2013, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
> Is not possible add abiword to the sugar-build modules?
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Yeah that's a known issue, unfortunately Fedora 19 doesn't have abiword
> > introspection support. It will be solved when we upgrade to Fedora 20.
> >
> > On Friday, 1 November 2013, Sai Vineet wrote:
> >>
> >> I am trying to open Write in sugar-build. I cloned the repo from
> >> gitorious. But Write does not open.
> >>
> >> The write icons pulses for some time(~1s) and then it says that Write
> >> failed to start.
> >>
> >> The log says -
> >>
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>     (4 lines of calls here)
> >> File "some file name here", line 28 in <main>
> >>     from gi.repository import Abi
> >> ImportError  : cannot import name Abi
> >>
> >> (I can't find how to copy from sugar environment, so I just copied what
> >> made sense to me)
> >> I think I don't have Abi word thats why I can't open it. But I can't
> find
> >> a way to install Abi. I can only install the old version in Ubuntu
> >> repositories.
> >>
> >> Thank you for helping.
> >

> > --
> > Daniel Narvaez