[Sugar-devel] Datastore API for html activities (Daniel Narvaez)

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Wed May 29 15:45:46 EDT 2013

> I wonder if we actually need something like that (we have an activity
object where we could put it) or if it's better to just let the activity

> author decide when saving/loading is necessary, using the TextObject stuff
I proposed.

> It feels a bit inflexible to have the activity request read/writes so
directly. I'd rather have notification that the activity is closing, then
the

> activity author decides what needs to be done.

Not fully agree. The easiest activity has just to write a single entry in
the journal with “standard” metadata and a screen capture. In Python,
nothing has to be written to create this entry. I guess that it’s why the
read_file and write_file has been written. So I think we must provide the
same feature in the HTML DataStore API instead of forcing to create a new
entry each time.

> datastore.find(query, properties, onFound);

> I have no idea what query/properties contains but I suppose it's
documented somewhere :)

Yes here :-)  [1]

query is for full-text search, properties is for filter search.

> Can you explain the use case for these?

To write an activity like SugarCommander [2].

                Lionel.

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Low-level_Activity_API#Queryin

[2] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/fr/sugar/addon/4291