[Sugar-devel] Getting karma to work with sugar-activity-html

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon May 20 15:34:12 EDT 2013

I have this more or less working. It's going to require:

1 Support a SUGAR_RUN_TEST variable in main.py. When defined the shell runs
the command, watches it and exits with the same status code.
2 If SUGAR_PROFILE_NAME and SUGAR_PROFILE_COLOR are set, make sugar skip
the intro and setup a profile with those variables instead.
3 Fix sugar-runner and sugar-build to use SUGAR_RUN_TEST and pass the
SUGAR_PROFILE_ variables.
4 Fix sugar-launch to use sugar3
5 Fix sugar-launch to handle the --uri argument.
6 Install an empty html activity.
7 Install a wrapper script to sugar-launch the activity (karma doesn't like
command lines with multiple arguments for browsers).
8 Fix HTMLActivity to handle the --uri argument.

My only doubt is 7. We can either install the empty html activity outside
sugar (in sugar-build most likely) and then it would be weird to have the
wrapper script in sugar. Or we could install the empty activity from sugar,
but that would be a bit weird too :/