[Sugar-devel] sugar-build after osbuild change report

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon May 20 06:48:58 EDT 2013

On 20 May 2013 12:17, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> How about we print here something like:
>
> "You are in a shell now, run commands like 'build' or 'run' here directly".

Yeah, that's more or less what I've done.

>  /home/erikos/sugar-build/****build/out/sandbox/install/bin/****python:
>>> can't
>>> open file '/home/erikos/sugar-build/****build/commands/--help': [Errno
>>> 2]
>>>
>>> No such file or directory
>>> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$
>>>

>> Looks like a bug, will fix.
>>

> Ok, great. Would be fantastic if '--help' would print the list of possible
> arguments.

I'd like to avoid maintaining the docs in two places :) Though perhaps
using docker we can figure out something to have both --help and the docs
be generated from the same source.

> Hmm, I liked the layout with the sources directory.  Now the sources are
> mixed with the 'build' directory.

Why does that bother you? :)

I mean there is just a single build directory there and everything else is
source. Which is the opposite of before, with a source dir and everything
else being build script. I'd argue the main focus should be on the source
so it make sense to have that at the toplevel :)

> Do you build now in the source directories?

Yes. And I git stash the changes after having git add --all, so we don't
lose the changes on git clean -fdx. Should probably document the stashing
because if people don't know about it, they will assume the changes are
lost.