[Sugar-devel] Regarding the splitting of bus.js into its own repository.

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Sat May 18 14:00:01 EDT 2013

2013/5/18 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> On 18 May 2013 09:21, Aneesh Dogra <lionaneesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>

> Hey!
>

>> I was wondering on how would we preserve the history of sugar-html-core
>> repository?
>

> See below.
>

>> Secondly, I guess the only thing I need to do is to make another
>> repository add bus.js to it and edit other files in sugar-html-template,
>> sugar-html-core and sugar-build according to that change. Is there anything
>> else I need to do?
>>

> Pretty much. Make two clones of sugar-html-core (to preseve history), rename
> each to sugar-html-bus and sugar-html-activity, edit and remove stuff from
> them. Update sugar-html-template, try to make an activity from it and test
> that activity closing still works. Update sugar-build to pull the new repos.
>

>> Third: Regarding the test framework. Do we use Jasmine to write tests? If
>> yes, how do we test socket communications?
>

> At the moment we are using jasmine and karma as a runner. Manuel is still
> researching so it might change. Though I tend to think it's fine to start
> developing some bits on jasmine/karma (ccing Manuel to get his opinion about
> this too), it will help us to make a more informed decision and I suspect
> whatever we choose it won't be hugely different, so adapting will not be a
> lot of work.

Yes.  As we are in early development, it will not be hard to adapt to
other testing framework if that decision is taken.  So far I'm liking
Jasmine and looks mature enough.  Karma is pretty new but looks
promising because the AngularJS devs are under it.  And is just the
runner, so it can be replaced for another one.

--
.. manuq ..