[Sugar-devel] [GSoC] mentors to do

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri May 10 07:59:20 EDT 2013

As per the discussion last night, we need to zero in on our final list of
projects/students.

(1) Please read/comment on the 15 or so active applications
(2) Please sign up as a potential mentor for the ones you would like to
work with
(3) Please contact (preferably on IRC) the ones you are considering working
with to make sure there is good synergy.

We'll meet again early next week to come up with our final list.

Sugar Developers: It is not too late to sign up as a mentor. I'd like to
make sure we have at least two mentors per project to ensure good coverage
and a broader perspective on the project goals. It shouldn't take more than
a few hours per week, especially if we use a team approach, and at least in
my experience, we end up with both shippable code and new contributors as a
result.

Note: Google would like us to keep the deliberations and final decisions
private until the official announcement at the end of the month, so any
discussions about individual students should not be sent to the public list.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender