[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] multiple home views

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Thu May 2 14:27:34 EDT 2013

2013/5/2 Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Multiple_home_views
>>
>> How is the teacher going to use the proposed functionality to ensure a
>> consistent home view on all the XOs? Will he/she go to each XO one by
>> one and mark the activities appropriately?
>>
>> Daniel
>

> First, my bias: I don't think that we should be trying to control the
> classroom through technology. Each classroom will use the tools in a manner
> they choose and we can only give them the best tools we can.
>
> Several scenarios:
>
> A. The teacher sets the ground rules at the beginning of the year: homeview
> 1 is for the classroom; homeview 2 is for the kid. Asks the kids to all sync
> and then things evolve slowly through the course of the school year. Teacher
> says: please add TuxMath to your homeview 1. Please remove Browse.

I wonder, the deploys that are asking for this have tried a recent
Sugar with the search capabilities in all views?  I can imagine an
scenario where the teacher asks the classroom to switch to the list
view and then search "TuxMath".  Doesn't matter how varied are the
homes, the list view will be always the same if the kids don't remove
activities (a thing the teacher can ask for too).

Or do they want to have activity sets per lesson?

--
.. manuq ..