[Sugar-devel] github (was Re: Fwd: Proposal on how to speed up patch reviews)

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 11:21:00 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway  I think a github workflow would cover three important things
> we care about
>
> * Patches are visible to anyone.
> * Patches are trackable.
> * Integration with issues tracking.
>
> Of course it migth introduce other problems :)

So how does this work for Pootle integration and the L10n workflow?

At the present time, all translation-ready (i18n-ized) Sugar packages
have special gituser "pootle" added as a committer.  Lang admins can
click "Commit to VCS" in Pootle and the commit is made (on their
behalf) by the priv'ed pootle gituser.

Simple to manage at set-up time for new Sugar Activities/packages
(make sure git user "pootle" has commit.)  Simple to manage lang admin
privs via Pootle admin user interface.

What workflow has the equivalent simplicity in github?  I can tell you
there is no way that breaking out languages or localizers as
individual contributors to a repo (eliminating the special poolte
user) is going to work out well.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator