[Sugar-devel] JournalShare status

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Mar 28 07:15:19 EDT 2013

On 03/27/2013 10:57 PM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> I have created a page in the wiki to describe the status of JournalShare
> activity.
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/JournalShare
>
> Enjoy Easter
>
> Gonzalo

Thanks Gonzalo for the write-up!

The first thing that caught my eye was the way to define which items
should be shared. I wouldn't use the favorite metaphor for that. That
works for the Portfolio activity well, but here it is the wrong one, imho.

It should be explicit which items I want to share, using the
Objectchooser looks like the right approach. You might actually as well
to share an object from a usb key or an external sd-card, here the
metaphor of a favorite item works even less.

Another thing that is important is the notion of other members of the
session. I presume the communication should happen in all directions
(e.g. a teacher and five students each member of the session can share
items with the other one), therefore it is important to know who is in
the session and who has offered what.

Actually, we should think as well whether it should be a push or a pull
model. The current file transfers (with friended buddies) are a push
model where the receiver can accept or decline. I think here it is more
of a bulletin board (some ideas for wording and similar you might find
here [1]) where people post items they want to be shared with the group,
so a pull model makes sense here, imho.

Regards,
    Simon

[1]