[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Proposal on how to speed up patch reviews

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 15:54:54 EDT 2013

On 26 March 2013 18:57, Anish Mangal <anish at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> What could this mean in context of sugar/mainline:
> * Have one or two maintainers. Simon and Manuq are excellent. They are
> responsible for setting roadmaps, deadlines, and making releases.
> * Have multiple people with commit access authority. Daniel and
> Gonzalo perhaps? I don't know who else.
> * The criteria for committing could be as simple as:
> ** The patch has been reviewed by atleast one person from this group
> ** The patch has been *tested* by atleast one person from this group

Yup. That sounds pretty much like what I was proposing (reassuring to
know that it worked well for you guys!) with a couple of improvements

* Reviewer == committer

I think that makes a lot of sense.

* One committer should also test the patch

I like it but I think we should extend this to everyone willing to
test (except the author of the patch).