[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Proposal on how to speed up patch reviews

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 13:03:07 EDT 2013

On 26 March 2013 12:21, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
> When I started in this project, my patches received reviews from many
> people, not only maintainers.  Many discussions went by.  I don't see
> that happening anymore.

Could it be because most patches are posted in trac now? I'm not sure
it's the only reason, though those are pretty much invisible to people
not involved directly in the issue.

(I know there are issues with mailing list reviews too, just trying to
analyze the situation here)

> We also had periodic design meetings guiding
> features.

I wonder if that kind of discussion could be had on the mailing list
rather than in meetings. It's problematic to find a time that works
for everyone and many people just doesn't have time to spend in irc.

> Discussing design after the development is made isn't good,
> imho.

I couldn't agree more.