[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Plans for SoaS v9

Thomas Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Mar 22 18:26:46 EDT 2013

I agree that it can be hard to find the present version of soas
  One reason v8 is not prominently displayed is that anaconda "liveinst"
does not work for installation to a HD or USB
  See [4] for a work-around until this is fixed
  I am also listing the links for sweets-distribution-sugar 0.94

Tom Gilliard
satellit

here are some links:

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick
scroll down wiki page to f18 where link is listed

[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/%CA%BB%C5%8Chelo_%CA%BBai
Sugar on a Stick v8 ʻŌhelo ʻai
has never been updated on the left sidebar of the wiki

[3]http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Virtual_machines#Sugar_on_a_Stick_v8_.CA.BB.C5.8Chelo_.CA.BBai
Importable VirtualBox appliance

[4]http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_18#Tutorial:_Make_a_SoaS.img_file_for_repeated_installs
* Note*: The following are .img files are provided to workaround the bug
that SoaS 8 fails to run a non-Live install to a hard disk or USB drive

[5]http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Subpages
has listings for older versions

[6] http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/releases/
Archive of oldest soas.iso files