[Sugar-devel] [FEATURES][DESIGN] Network proxy configuration

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Thu Mar 14 16:31:40 EDT 2013

While I understand your point about the radio checkbox,
this show a few bugs or fails in design in Sugar too.
Trying right now I see:
* The text is confusing:
"Turn off the wireless radio to save battery life"
[] Radio

Checked is on or off? What means Radio? Is not clear

* After uncheck the checkbox, go to the neightborview,
the ap are not visible but the ad-hoc are.
If there are not network, the ad-hoc is not working, right?

* May be we can show a message in the neighborview.
"The radio/wireless interface is down, go to the control panel to use it"
or similar. The same in the device icon in the frame.

All these issues probably help to make worst the situation.

About the network proxy configuration, I agree is better have a automatic
configuration _if_possible_, but there are times when is not possible,
then we should provide a solution. Has been a request for a long time,
and the development is already 90% done

Gonzalo